Application instructions for each job opening can be found in the PDF file, which can be downloaded when click the "Read Full Job Description" buttons.
Freelance Grant Writer
July 13, 2020
We are looking to hire a dedicated Grant Writer to write grant proposals for the Effie Yeaw Nature Center. The Grant Writer will write coherent, organized and compelling proposals. You will apply your knowledge of grant writing methods and content, and prepare a strategic plan to reach stated income goals. The Grant Writer will be provided a list of potential grantors to research and review, edit, and add to as appropriate. Working closely with the Executive Director, the Grant Writer will identify the final target list of grantors, prepare all grant applications, and create a detailed calendar for application submittal.
To ensure success the Grant Writer will need to demonstrate a successful track record of fund raising resulting from grant proposals. The Grant Writer will need to write well, have proficient knowledge of fundraising methods and be committed to the mission of the Effie Yeaw Nature Center. Preferred applicants are deadline-driven team players with outstanding multitasking abilities.
- Research and review the initial list of potential grantors provided by the Executive Director
- Identify additional grant opportunities to be added the initial list as appropriate.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, refine the initial list down to a targeted List of donors.
- Write grant application packages for each donor on the targeted list.
- Submit prepared grant applications for all donors on the targeted list, including all required supporting documents, where donor timing falls within term of grant writer position.
- Prepare a detailed calendar for grant applications to be submitted by staff when donor application timing is outside the term of the grant writer position.
- Prepare a detailed written process to manage all grant proposals submitted.
- Display adherence to organizationís mission.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of organizationís history and programs
- Collaborate closely with the Executive Director to send grantors newsletters, and to promote on-site tours where appropriate.
- Prepare a complete report on all work performed.
- Maintain and provide to the Executive Director electronic records of all documents generated and grants submitted.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or suitable experience
- 5+ years grant writing experience.
- Excellent demonstrable track record of successful fund raising through grant submittals.
- Proven history of tracking, measuring, and reaching income goals.
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Read Full Job Description