Registration is now Open
Bring your students to the Nature Center and hold your classroom outdoors for the day! Students enjoy a hike through the nature preserve where they observe local plants and animals, encounter natural phenomena, and meet some of our resident animals. Give your students the opportunity to get outside to extend their senses and discover how amazing nature is!
- Programs below are offered Monday through Friday. Start times are listed.
- Programs are appropriate for grade levels listed. (None of our programs are appropriate for Preschool or Transitional Kindergarten classes.)
- Programs are limited to one class per program, or up to a maximum of 35 students.
- Most programs require 4 - 7 adult chaperones. Prices shown include up to 8 adults, including teachers/aides. Logistically, it is challenging if we have more than 8 adults. However, if you feel your group requires more chaperones, you can have up to a maximum of 10 (including teachers/aides). Add $10 per additional adult (over 8).
- Because full attention is needed throughout the program, and because of liability issues, chaperones may not bring younger or older siblings on the field trips. Thanks for your understanding.
Nature Area Tour
Students will engage in discovery while experiencing an up-close and personal encounter with one of our live resident animals, touring our interactive museum and joining a naturalist to explore the Nature Preserve. Children encounter natural phenomena and learn science through the lens of patterns, structure and function, cause and effect and more.
- Times: 9:15am - 11:00am OR 11:15am - 1:00pm
- $160 for up to 35 students
This in-depth and interactive outdoor program is perfect for classes that are ready to leap from their science textbooks into nature. With an extended hike, nature journaling, and personal encounters with our resident animals, students benefit from increased nature connection and deep discussions. Second and third grade station activities examine structure and function and adaptations of both plants and animals. Fourth and fifth grade station activities explore food webs and examine decomposition.
- Available in September, October, November, March, April and May
- Time: 9:00am - 1:00pm OR 9:15am - 1:15 pm
- $275 for up to 35 students
Note: It is helpful to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of your program to allow restroom breaks for your group and a prompt start time for your tour.
- Press Request Program button above to open the pdf form.
- Print and fill out the request form completely, including the Program Policies signature page.
- Mail, email, or fax your completed form, including a signed copy of the Program Policies to:
Effie Yeaw Nature Center, Attn: Scheduling
2850 San Lorenzo Way, Carmichael, CA 95608
Fax: (916) 489-4983