Experience an entire morning outside in our replica Maidu Village as well as on our trails immersing your students in aspects of the history and culture of the Valley Nisenan Maidu people. Explore the natural resources of the Sacramento region used by the Maidu people on a guided hike in our Nature Study Preserve. Your students will also get a hands-on investigation of replica Maidu artifacts. Then end your day with a Maidu game, traditional acorn preparation demonstration and native storytelling. (No crafts or food-tasting included.)
Maidu HALF-Day Program
- Offered Mondays and Tuesdays
- Available in September, October, November, March, April and May
- 3.5 hour program
- $315 for up to 35 students
- Press Request Program button above to open the pdf form.
- Print and fill out the request form completely, including the Program Policies signature page.
- Mail, email, or fax your completed form, including a signed copy of the Program Policies to:
Effie Yeaw Nature Center, Attn: Scheduling
2850 San Lorenzo Way, Carmichael, CA 95608
Fax: (916) 489-4983